Friday 30 August 2013

A new chapter for Q4C...

We're happy to announce that Emily Jesshope, long-time Inti Wara Yassi volunteer and Quest leader, will join the Q4C team as Fundraiser in September. We know she's going to do a fantastic job!

From me Rose, on my last day, it's a bit of a sad time, however. I'm moving onto teaching pastures new, as I start a Primary PGCE, but it's very strange to leave Quest, where I've been involved for the past six years as a volunteer, a project leader and since 2010 as a fundraiser for Quest4Change.

I feel very lucky and thankful to have had such an amazing time with Quest, especially the opportunity to get to know the amazing communities & projects out on the ground in Malawi, Kenya & Tanzania.

Here are just a few of my personal favourite moments from the past few years...

News from Joshua Orphan & Community Care that Pensulo Maternity Clinic had opened its doors - cutting the journey for expectant mothers by 3 hours. Having worked on this project with Joshua back in 2008, it was a proud moment for me as well as Quest.

My team finishing work on Kipico Sand Dam in 2012, now providing year-round access to water for around 2000 people.  The community all made us so welcome, it was a wrench to say goodbye, but it was good to leave them with something that will improve so many aspects of life, from incomes to education.


Getting a £5000 in donation from Holy Trinity Church to help buy land for a new home for 30 ex-street boys in Kigali.  Awesome news to receive and a massive contribution to the campaign - they've now bought their land! I can't wait to see how Ubaka continues to go from strength to strength!


And on a less serious note...spending one snowy morning "in the office" with Jon, Sarah, and ex-Questie Helen surfing a rubber ring on the South Downs...



Sayonara folks! Looking forward to seeing  the projects progress!

No comments: